lunes, 26 de septiembre de 2011

What Is Quickly Gained, Is Quickly Lost!

     I'm sitting in front of the computer, with tears rolling down my cheeks towards my chest, thinking how to write my note of today. Today I don not what I can write, I feel very sad and really frustrated, so I think it issue I will choose today. I will write about one of my defeats and frustrations. I think sometimes speak of defeat is often a bit embarrassing and not very nice moment but, they are truly real situations that may be present in various parts of my life, day thru day. I may have a lot of them because, they are common situations. I think I must have a plan to fight and win against them. I think that in every defeat is a new opportunity that life gives me to get up, smile and start again. This process, which I summarize in three words, is not as easy as count 1, 2, 3, it takes time and work, and it is not easy to implement and make it work.

     I will not start writing about how I implemented the above process but, I will write about one of my current defeats and to some extent has frustrated me in the recent months in this year. The defeat of which I refer is my difficulty to speak, write and understand English. When I was little I did not realized the importance of learning English. I saw it as something fun to some extent, something that was interesting and every time I learned a new word made ​​me feel smarter. I remember when I was in 1st or 2nd primary and was difficult to me say the alphabet with the typical primary melody, that teachers showed you. I remember putting a smile on my face every time that I almost could finish the alphabet. It took me a long time but, finally I managed to complete it and memorized it very well.

     After learning the alphabet, I start learned new words. At that time I can not saw the great effort that I would do and what I would have to do for learn this new language very well. Over time things change, the effort I have to give of myself will rise and success is slowly coming. Even I can not see the success at all, I can imagine it but, I have much work to do yet. This year I changed school because, I needed precisely improve my English because, in the middle school that I was last year, the English classes had a medium level but, that really was not enough for the future that I want to have.

     At first when I changed to Colegio Internacional de Guatemala, I thought everything would be easy, and generally I knew all I had to know. But certainly I'm wrong, I had many things I had to learn and experiment in various areas. One such area was that of English. When I first started learning lends enthusiastic, but over time my interest was declining. It was like I was stuck and did not follow the process to continue learning, got excuse thru excuse, seeking a path much shorter and easier.

     Some excuses I got were: "Another day I will practice it," "I can win this test without studying," "I can not understand it... but, maybe the next theme I will understand it", etc. Over time I realized I was frustrated and sad that even though I tried improved my grades, they did not rise, by the way they were increasingly low. Finally now I'm increasing my notes and I realize every day the importance of learning a new language in my actually life and in the future one. Although I have not overcome the frustration I feel about of the difficulty of learning the language, I'm putting everything in myself to accomplish it. I know it will take me much longer and that I was a coward giving and make excuses.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario